Barbotan-Les-Thermes is a small spa town, one of the many hidden treasures of France, situated in the North West corner of the Gers (32) in the South West of France. The regional food is fantastic, specialising in Fois Gras and Armagnac. In fact, the apartment has a fully appointed kitchen so that you can try to recreate the recipes that you come across as you journey around the region. In order to work off those few extra pounds you'll gain during your stay, there are many walks and bike rides that you can take, you could swim in Lake Uby, or just relax by the pool and think of dieting when you get home.
So why not:
- Walk down through the town, buy the daily bread and have a coffee whilst you are there.
- Stroll through the town and visit the interesting local shops and market held on a Wednesday.
- Have a picnic by the Lac de L'Uby.
- Take part in the many sports activities that are available.
- Enjoy a day being pampered in the Spa.
- Visit one of the local markets - each one is very different.
- Go horse riding
- Enjoy the afternoon tea dances
- Enjoy the local cinema / concerts
- Visit the winery at Chateau Uby or one of the other small vineyards and pick a few bottles to take home.
- The motor racing at Nogaro
- The Jazz festival at Marciac
- The country music festival at Mirande
- The Salsa festival at Condom
- The historic city of Auch - The home of D'Artagnon
Finally you could just enjoy a leisurely lunch or dinner in one of the many bars and restaurants and just relax and let the troubles of the world pass you by - they will still be there when you leave the oasis that is Barbotan.